Apply knowledge of material science and provide guidance on product failures and offer design improvements to product engineering group.Researches, plans, develops, and optimizes process and product development. Works to improve the efficiency and profitability of the manufactured product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Support the development of product design as it relates to material characteristics to inform material specification, manufacturability, and product durability and performance.
- Participate in analyzing product quality performance and assisting in root cause analysis.
- Provide support to resolve operational problems related to material characteristics.
- Organize technical data, write technical reports, and provide analysis including recommendations.
- Participate on various project teams focused on product conception and/or product development. This may include assignments as project leader or manager.
- Develops and carries out test plans, supervises process trials internally or at outside laboratories.
- Works with engineering and shop personnel in fabrication of prototype products and development of methods and procedures for testing products.
- Report immediately all suspicious and hazardous conditions to a supervisor.
- Understand and observe all safety guidelines and assure quality and safety by complying with all appropriate CB policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining clean, orderly, and hazard-free work areas.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, be a self-starter and be detail oriented.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, test plans, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor.
- Strong engineering skill base, including understanding of basic strength of materials calculations, corrosion and electrochemistry, heat transfer and diffusion calculations, failure analysis techniques.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to write and read English.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Sciences in Materials Science, Metallurgical Engineering, or equivalent experience (Master of Science preferred).
- Ten years prior experience in a related field, industry, or work environment is required.
- Expertise in doing Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Broad metallurgical background and experience, including knowledge of wide range of metals and alloys including those specific to the aerospace industry i.e. A286.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, such as machining, hot/cold working, forming, heat treating and its impact on material properties and uses, coating processes, such as PVD, CVD, electro and electroless plating, and friction welding.
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment.
- Lead failure analyses to determine root cause and develop, test, and recommend permanent and efficient solutions.
- Sufficient skills and experience to develop products and test procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook or similar programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work requires seating, walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items, light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials. The employee must be able to lift and/or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
- Required to work with various chemicals, adhesives, and composites.
CLICK BOND WAY – KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Communicates respectfully to all team members, vendors, and visitors.
- Models a positive attitude to all Click Bond employees, customers, and venders.
- Actively listens to others and supports the team environment.
- Asks questions and learns from mistakes.
- Executes tasks with minimal errors in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attendance is consistent and meets or exceeds company standards.
Click Bond is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification.
Click Bond complies with federal and state disability laws. Click Bond will provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact Nancy Rodriguez, Director, People Operations at 775.885.8000 ext. 1245.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $83,000.00 - $122,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person