Aviation Technology Associates (AVTECH) is looking for a Completions Mechanical Design/Liaison Engineer 3 in Savannah, GA
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of aircraft products and services
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area.
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
As an ideal candidate to join the AVTECH team, you will meet the following:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred
- Liaison engineers will troubleshoot problems arising from the build, installation, and certification of aircraft interiors.
Creation of corrective engineering for new and/or derivative versions of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new, custom, and in-service aircraft.
Liaison engineering responsibilities includes updating/revising engineering data, creation of new engineering, and/or coordinating the corrective engineering to relevant parties.
Additional duties include developing alternative design approaches, including establishing design verification.
Required Unique Skills:
- Successful applicant will be self-motivated, and able to develop an approach from initial procedure review, data processing, task optimization, and specifically communication of technical information to a wide range of audiences, meeting customer needs.
Experience using CATIA V5 to create/update/modify design engineering drawings/models.
Ability to employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods as directed to meet the manufacturing, quality, and schedule requirements.
Candidates should have a willingness to work off-shift and weekend hours on occasion when program milestones require.
Preferred Unique Skills:
- Knowledge of 14 CFR 25 Subpart H - EWIS based design.
Experience using SmarTeam a plus
Experience routing and installing aircraft wiring systems and their integration into aircraft interiors using CATIA V5 EHI workbench is a plus.
Ideal candidates for the Completions Liaison Engineer will have mechanical engineering experience with aircraft cabin interiors and systems
The estimated pay range for this position is $60.00 to $65.00 per hour.
By submitting your resume, you are agreeing to have AVTECH submit an application on your behalf to the company we are hiring for. Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.