20 HRS a week
Must be US Citizen
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Work collaboratively with cross functional development teams to analyze component selection for military and space applications.
You are responsible for
- Supports programs by reviewing and approving the selection of electronic components
- Experience with the use of passive components (such as resistors, capacitors, inductors, magnetics, relays, switches), Radio Frequency (RF) components (such as circulators, isolators, monolithic microwave integrated circuits, crystals, oscillators), and Active Components (such as integrated circuits, diodes, transistors, hybrids)
- Responsible for reviewing and approving the selection of electronic components
- Qualifying electronic components for the applications in which they will be used
- Supporting the manufacture of components both in-house and at suppliers
- Conducting failure analysis and Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) as part of anomaly investigations
- Coordinates definition of complex requirements for materials, parts and processes used in the manufacture and engineering design of products and approves their use
- Creating and revising specifications for components, and supporting subcontractor and suppliers to ensure electronic components are qualified for use
- Conducts complex analysis to determine performance or reasons for failures of materials or parts
You are a part of
The Microwave and Mixed Signal design team.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience working with military and industrial space specifications as applicable to electrical components and electrical materials used in the fabrication and design of high reliability circuit card assemblies
- Experience in parts, materials and process selection, manufacturing support, failure analysis, and processing of materials for space hardware
- Demonstrated knowledge in electrical component engineering
- Ability to work independently and respond rapidly to customer and program needs
Purpose: This position is for a recognized subject matter expert in the Hardware Engineering sub-family.
Responsibility Statement: Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications. Analyze user needs and recommend appropriate hardware. Build, test, and modify product prototypes using working models or theoretical models constructed with computer simulation. Contributes to extremely complex technical aspects of a project. Creatively design, develop and test/verify complex circuits, modules or systems to meet customer and market requirements. Evaluates reliability of materials, properties and techniques used in production; plans, designs and develops electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry, mechanical systems, equipment and packaging, optical systems and/or DSP systems. May provide technical consultation to other organizations and work leadership for lower level employees. Operate with significant latitude to design, and contribute to the design or test of complex, high speed products and systems. Recommends corrections in technical applications and analysis.
Additional Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
Work Experience: 7+ Years
Physical Demands/Working Conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel Requirements: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $100.00 - $130.00 per hour
Work Location: Remote