East Bank Club has set the standard for first-class hospitality and excellence in the fitness industry, a standard exemplified by each employee. The bond employees create with fellow staff, members and the Club itself keeps members and employees returning day after day.
East Bank Club is looking to expand its building facilities team with the addition of a new Licensed Stationary Engineer.
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance duties including filter changes, equipment lubrication, controls and performance checks as well as replacement of bearings, motors, and dampers.
- Operate and understand pools and water chemistry.
- Perform repairs and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, air handling units and associated HVAC equipment.
- Monitor operations of boiler and utility systems to ensure reliable and optimized performance.
- Understand and monitor gauges and instruments, adjust as needed to control chemical levels, fluid pressures and temperatures.
- Perform minor carpentry tasks. Repair or replace door hardware, locks, panic bars, etc.
- Repair restroom fixtures and clear drain obstructions.
- Replace, repair and install electrical circuits.
- Clean coils in air handling units to maintain optimum heating/cooling efficiency.
- Inspect mechanical/electrical systems and perform necessary record keeping.
- Perform any additional duties as required or assigned by the Chief or Assistant Chief Engineers where such duties are within the scope of the Union contract.
- City of Chicago Stationary Engineer License.
- Minimum of four years’ experience preferred in repairs of mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and overall building maintenance.
- CFC certification (UNIVERSAL) to repair building HVAC/R systems.
- Familiarity with general operations of building auxiliary systems (i.e. fire-life safety).
- Understanding of safe work practices and procedures typical for maintenance operations.
- Ability to safely wear a respirator, climb ladders, enter confined spaces, lift heavy objects and perform other physically demanding tasks as needed.
- Safely and skillfully use all types of related hand and power tools.
- Must be a member of or willing to join Local 399.
- Availability to work overnight. This is an overnight position.
- Paid Time Off
- Free East Bank Club Membership
- Employee exclusive discounts on club outlets and services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pre-Tax Transportation Benefit
- Complimentary CPR training
- Health and Life Insurance for Full-Time Employees
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging Matters:
East Bank Club commits to a culture of inclusion and belonging characterized by connection across our similarities and differences. We honor the dignity of all employees by enabling each to reach their fullest potential, and by doing so, better serve our members. We serve a diverse group of members and recognize the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employee and member experience required to support our mission. EBC is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
Location: 500 N KINGSBURY ST, Chicago, IL 60654
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $45.64 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Are you willing to work a Sunday - Thursday shift from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am?
- City of Chicago Stationary Engineer License (Required)
- Overnight Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location