JOB DESCRIPTION: Leading Bearings Manufacturer
LOCATION: Bremen IN - (WILL PAY FOR RELOCATION IF NEEDED)
SALARY PLUS BENEFITS- 80-85K
POSITION TITLE - Design and Application Engineer
Position Summary: Responsible for all design, development and test related functions. Works with suppliers and manufacturing in order to generate designs and the related costs. Understanding of design protocol and manufacturing capabilities is critical. Responsible for helping in obtaining new approvals and assisting in maintenance of current business when extensive engineering expertise is required, operate under broad general guidelines.
1. Generates designs based on benchmarking, customer drawings and technical data supplied by the customer’s application and internal study. Evaluates these designs through analysis and test.
2. Understands manufacturing capabilities and incorporates that understanding into designs.
3. Uses DFMEA and PFMEA to produce workable designs.
4. Works with suppliers to generate cost based on submitted designs.
5. Works with Sales to fill out appropriate RFQ paperwork.
6. Champion in respect to all Quality Standards in regards to design. Participate in the design portion of the quality audits.
7. Administrates cost reduction ideas and new designs, and provides project management information and supervision.
8. Administrates all of the tasks to generate customer sample/prototypes. This includes defining the initial review of the capital and lead time required to make this design in production.
1. Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or any Engineering Degree,
2. Extensive experience in applications and manufacturing engineering, equipment performance, and project management. Computer literate.
3. Strong understanding of AutoCad type design tools and design protocol.
4. Strong communication skills with manufacturing suppliers.
5. Effective presentation complaint resolution.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bremen, IN 46506: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Preferred)
- Mechanical design: 2 years (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 2 years (Preferred)
- FMEA: 2 years (Preferred)
- Design Application Engineer: 2 years (Preferred)
- Mechanical engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person