Field Service Engineer
TechnipFMC is a global leader in the energy industry, specialized in subsea and surface technologies integrated projects, products, and services. Our mission and vision: to enhance the performance and drive real change in the traditional and new energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions, tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges and investing in our 20,000+ employees worldwide.
If contributing to breakthrough projects in a truly global playground inspires you, this might be the opportunity for you! At TechnipFMC, we deliver critical projects of a scale, scope and difficulty that you simply won’t find anywhere else.
- Assists plant & field operations with new equipment assembly and installation; and resolving QN and field non conformances.
- Consults with other local & Divisional sources as required.
- Participates as a team member & communicates information to appropriate parties at the appropriate time.
- Has some customer contact, usually with supervision. Makes presentations.
- Begins to develop relationships with customer technical or service personnel.
- Reviews field installation procedures, operations and maintenance manuals of existing technology or applications and ensures that support assignments meet standards and performance requirements within area of expertise.
- Uses the CAD/CAM and database systems and facilities to make layouts, analyze designs, evaluate equipment systems and generate new equipment designs.
- Prepares documentation, information and communications such as ECN (Engineering Change Notices), field installation/commissioning procedures (ICP) and operations and maintenance manuals and ensures conformance to all policies and procedures related to engineering functions, labor reporting and systems reporting.
- Closes out field non-conformance/ service non-conformance reports.
- Consults with other departments on equipment designs, problems and questions.
- Makes field trips with sales and service personnel with new products and technical applications.
- Participates in field trials of new products to determine design limits and needed improvements.
- Prepares test reports and closure reports on engineering project assignments.
- Organizes deliverables effectively and manages the workload and deliverables of themselves and other resources related to assigned tasks
- Attends field locations and functions to stay informed of and make good use of new technology, products and personal development opportunities.
- Makes field visits to troubleshoot/triage any product failures or non-conformances.
You are meant for this job if:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, or Engineering Technology.
- Working knowledge of specific process technologies, procedures, products and applications.
- Knowledgeable of wellhead, frac or pressure pumping product lines.
- Oilfield product design experience.
- Must be proficient in use of CAD and Database systems related to Engineering functions.
- Ability to troubleshoot product non-conformances with little supervision on field service/plant location.
- Ability to provide product life-of-field data for product improvement.
- Working knowledge of competitor products preferred.
Learn more about TechnipFMC and find other open positions by visiting our Career Page.
Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates.
TechnipFMC promotes inclusion and diversity, guaranteeing equal opportunities to everyone, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability or any other plurality.