In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Transportation Engineer to join our team! In this role you will get to you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with other technical professionals and become an integral part of a project team .
What You'll Be Doing:
- Prepare civil engineering roadway documents for design-bid-build and design-build projects meeting client requirements for deliverables.
- Coordinate with internal clients in the preparation of engineering documents and developing design decisions including attending team meetings, presentations, and contributing to discussions with Planners, Technicians, CADD staff, and engineers at all levels.
- Assist with work with distribution and lead a group of junior engineers and technical specialists in meeting client deliverables and manage the progress of technical tasks.
- Adhere to project scope, schedule, and budget identified for major technical tasks and report to project engineer on status of work/expenditures.
- Ensure the highest quality engineering product is put forth to meet all design requirements.
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering and 4 years or more of related engineering experience with road/highway/interchange projects.
- Illinois PE or ability to obtain PE License within 3 months.
- Demonstrated significant experience developing engineering documents in Microstation, Geopak, InRoads, as required to meet client needs. Open Road Designer experience a plus.
Experience in developing roadway geometry for planning and design projects.
What Desired Skills You'll Bring:
- Familiarity with roadway design engineering requirements and standards of IDOT, Tollway, CDOT, and Cook County including past experience on Phase I (planning) and Phase II (Design) projects for these clients. Other state experience also a plus.
- Familiarity with quality programs and implementation of quality procedures.
- Participation and interest in professional organizations and events.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
This position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.
For more than 75 years, our experts have designed and delivered the critical infrastructure that connects and protects communities around the world. We work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
$68,400.00 - $119,700.00
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!