Port Property is a privately-owned business based in Portland, Maine. We were founded in 1993 and are proud to be locally owned and operated for the 29 years we’ve been in business. Our goal is to make home happen for our residents across our portfolio of properties in Portland, South Portland and Biddeford, Maine.
Because we invest in these properties, use our own construction team, and oversee their management, we are more than just a landlord. We are committed to the communities where we are located and the residents we serve and provide exceptional customer service and amenities unmatched in this sector of the rental market.
Port Property Management is currently in need on an experienced and ambitious Assistant Property Manager. The APM will participate in day-to-day contact with tenants, as well as assisting the Property Manager on all projects and property related needs. The APM is an integral part of the property management team and needs to be an excellent communicator and team player.
- Provide general office/property coordination support and report directly to the Property Manager.
- Respond to all rental inquiries, pre-screen prospects, schedule and complete showings.
- Work on coordination with the Maintenance Technicians to provide a high level of service to tenants.
- Correspond and communicate with tenants and vendors as necessary to maintain a high standard of service or performance.
- Understand and effectively manage/enforce requirements of lease agreements and other documents governing the centers (both tenants and landlord).
- Assist in handling building operator inquiries and respond promptly, and in person as needed, to emergency situation, promote workplace safety.
- Process all applications, receive deposits, and complete lease signings.
- Monitor aged delinquency reports weekly and oversee rent collections pursuant to prescribed policies and procedures; ensure timely collection of all rents when due; assist with rental account reconciliation as needed, prepare demand and default notices under the direction of the Property Manager.
- Maintain, follow, and establish proper maintenance plans, policies, and procedures essential to the operation of all properties.
- Liaise with tenants to resolve tenant issues and assist with tenant requests.
- Manage move-ins and move-outs - process Notice to Leaves, complete and document walkthroughs and move out/ security deposit inspections.
- Maintain all prospect and tenant files in Yardi property management software.
- Work extended hours as necessary to achieve desired results for the property and landlord. Nights and weekends may be required from time to time.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of related experience in property management preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license and form of transportation
- Be willing to travel to sites when necessary
- Ability to communicate effectively and professional, both oral and written with tenants and team members.
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships.
- Professional phone manner
- Mature and self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt to change
- Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality
- Strong time management skills including the ability to work under pressure and achieve quality results
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to meet established deadlines/targets/goals
- Solid computer skills including intermediate to advances skills in MS word, excel, office, and outlook.
Port Property Management is a dynamic and close-knit working office located in the Bayside neighborhood of Portland. The Longfellow portfolio is seeking to add an Assistant Property Manager to their team. PPM is a growing company that manages residential and commercial units all around the Portland peninsula. If you are interested in working for Port Property, please submit a cover letter and resume letting us know why you are a good fit for this position. Salary is based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $24.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Our office is currently closed to the public. Work from home options are available and can be discussed during your interview.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Portland, ME 04101: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Property management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Yardi Voyager: 1 year (Preferred)
- Rent Cafe: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hospitality: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location