Oxbo International, is a leader in providing harvesting solutions to niche agricultural markets. The company currently has an opportunity for a Staff Engineer – Agricultural Application Equipment who will work to develop, coordinate, and execute designs within the application equipment portfolio.
- Responsible for the execution and documentation of the project including design and lab or field testing.
- Provides technical guidance to the Engineering teams.
- Develops unique design features the company often patents to gain a competitive advantage.
- Communication with suppliers and customers on product selection and integration
- Develop and implement advanced technology solutions
- Work collaboratively with marketing, engineering, suppliers, and customers to verify specifications meet market requirements.
- Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering or related degree.
- Minimum of 5 years development experience related to agricultural equipment
- Sprayer and fertilizer applicator knowledge and familiarity with a focus on liquid application systems, chassis, and boom design.
- In-depth understanding of agricultural systems and processes, and a desire to be hands-on with the development of new products.
- Incorporate engineering safety standards, methodologies and global product development processes into all aspects of project.
- Solid decision-making skills, and the ability to make decisions with limited direction.
- Ability to address quality issues, determine root cause and drive to a corrective action
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Desire to work in an engineering environment focusing on robust & cost-effective designs
- The ability to work within a multi discipline team environment
- Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Good mechanical aptitude with the ability to develop product concepts.
- Make recommendations to peers and direct manager based on sound engineering principles, practices and judgment.
- May require up to 20% Travel (some international)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with 3D modeling software (Solidworks, Inventor, Creo, or similar CAD packages)
- Experience with mechanical analysis using Ansys or similar software packages.
- Strong understanding of GD&T
- Formal root cause analysis training - 8D, 5 whys, fishbone, etc.
- Previous experience with CAN Bus, J1939 and ISOBUS
- Familiarity with data acquisition and instrumentation of mobile equipment is a plus.
We offer competitive wages, paid time off/holidays, full benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, potential profit sharing, disability insurance, and 401k plan with a generous company match.
Oxbo is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions at Oxbo are made without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, gender or gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion or belief, family or parental status, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, credit history, salary history, known relationship or association with any member of a protected class, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- engineering - Machine development: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location