Keith Engineering Design is seeking a Plumbing/Fire-Protection Engineer with 5-10 years of experience to join our growing design team in our Peoria, Illinois office. You will represent Keith Engineering Design and work in close contact and effectively interact with the entire design team as well as external clients and consultants. Individuals in this position must demonstrate the ability to progress from basic design work assignments to more complicated and involved projects working in conjunction with a technical team. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the capability and desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
As a Plumbing/Fire-Protection Engineer, you will be responsible for creating designs from the initial stages of the project through completion under the direction of the Senior Engineer for building types such as Healthcare, Commercial, Institutional and Industrial projects. You will also develop specifications, system narratives, and system layouts for a variety of projects of different sizes.
· Design and layout engineering drawings within Plumbing specialty.
· Coordinate design with a project manager, senior team members and outside design consultants.
· Participate in QA/QC process for your work and the work of others.
· Assist in the determination of project scheduling requirements and project budgets.
· Perform construction administration and field investigation tasks for assigned projects, including conducting field inspections and subsequent detailed inspection reports.
· Assisting in processing RFI’s, Change Orders, Bulletins, and Addenda.
· Complete Plumbing calculations including water supply, waste, vent, storm, and equipment sizes.
· Design Plumbing systems including sanitary waste, vent, storm, domestic water distribution systems, and purified water systems.
· Attendance at client meetings as required for project coordination with building design disciplines.
· Project management duties for assigned MEP projects.
· Design medical gas systems, compressed air, vacuum, and natural gas systems.
· Design and select fire protection systems and equipment.
· Edit Plumbing and Fire Protection specifications utilizing Masterspec 1995/2004 in MS word format.
· Prepare construction cost estimates for mechanical, plumbing and fire-protection design.
· Computer aided drafting utilizing AutoCAD 2015 or newer.
·Building Information Modeling utilizing Revit 2015.
·Associates or Bachelor’s degree from an Accredited Institution is preferred.
·Develop and maintain extensive knowledge of the latest version of AutoCAD
Knowledge of Revit strongly preferred.
· Thorough understanding of applicable codes.
· Proficient in design and calculation software.
· Learn the construction process.
· Research equipment selections, and complete equipment schedules.
· Research design options and document findings for the project team.
·Incorporate design concepts from Schematic Design into Design Development.
· Work to produce Construction Documents.
· Document existing conditions.
· Learn and assist in the production for projects, including implementing sketches and design concepts from others.
· Work to understand and assist in the coordination of ceiling, wall clearances and structures.
· Candidate must be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment with engineering personnel.
· Communicate effectively in English, in both oral and written forms.
· Must be knowledgeable in plumbing, fire protection, and mechanical engineering principles.
As a member of our team, we provide you with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The personal benefits program at Keith Engineering Design includes:
· Eligibility to participate in the company 401K program after one month of employment.
· Insurance benefits
· Company shall match 100% of the first 4% of 401K employee withholdings.
· Ten working days of paid vacation. This is an annual benefit.
· You will receive nine paid observed holidays including New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.
· You will receive forty (40) hours of paid personal time for emergencies and illness. This is an annual benefit. Unused hours are not permitted to accumulate or roll-over to the next calendar year.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years
- 8 years
- 9 years
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Peoria, IL 61603: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person