General Firm Description:
OLA Consulting Engineers, PC is a 59-person consulting engineering firm with offices in New York City and Westchester County, NY. Established in 1974, OLA Consulting Engineers, PC is a financially secure company that has a longstanding reputation of excellent engineering, a solid base of repeat clients, and a growing list of new clients. Our firm provides mechanical and electrical design services, energy modeling/analysis, and commissioning services for commercial, industrial and institutional facilities. We place special emphasis on the design of high-performance buildings and energy efficient systems. Our projects include new construction, retrofits, and renovations. As the continuing education and development of our team is paramount in our effort to deliver innovative engineering solutions, OLA provides mentoring and on-site as well as off-site training for continuous skill enhancement. For additional information, please visit our web site at www.olace.com.
An energy/commissioning engineering job at OLA places you among a strong passionate team trained in commissioning, energy analysis, and high-performance design concepts. OLA is seeking problem solvers motivated by the opportunity to improve building system operations and reduce energy usage. The energy services energy engineer we want to join our team has:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills as well as interpersonal skills. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to communicate ideas and concepts in both written and oral form.
- Experience in proposal writing and project development.
- Experience managing and training Junior Engineers.
- Experience in performing and managing energy analysis.
- Experience in performing and managing Commissioning Services.
- Knowledge of automation and controls systems, HVAC systems, lighting, and lighting controls. Experience in writing and reviewing Sequence of Operations for HVAC, and lighting systems.
- Knowledge of the design of mechanical and electrical systems for commercial, institutional and light industrial facilities.
- Experience in design of mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of building and energy codes as well as energy standards
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Five to ten (5-10) years of U.S. Consulting experience required
- DOE2, Trane Trace, Carrier HAP or Energy Plus experience preferred
- LEED, CEM or Cx accreditations are preferred
- Professional Registration, PE (Mechanical) preferred
At OLA, we provide a very competitive compensation and benefits package. The following is a partial list:
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription plans
- Disability and Life insurance plans
- 401(k) with employer contributions
- Opportunities for Overtime pay, Performance Bonuses
- Tuition assistance and continuing professional development
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- Flexible and remote schedule opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hawthorne, NY 10532: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Mechanical/Energy Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- US Consulting: 5 years (Required)
- LEED Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person