PMX Industries is the leading supplier of high quality copper and copper alloys in North America.
Since our founding, we have been committed to continually improving our safety and environmental performance through ongoing training and new technology. Safety is a top priority. PMX employees also have an active recycling program of metals, cardboard, plastic, and paper. We believe there are direct links between worker safety, quality systems, environmental performance, and economic success.
Business is conducted in accordance with company policies which are based on respect and accountability. PMX has earned a reputation for integrity and consistently meeting high standards. We support our communities and strive to be good neighbors. We know that business success begins with our employees!
We go far beyond simple compliance with federal and state regulations. We are dedicated to creating value for all that we serve.
TheMechanical Engineer will be responsible for improvement of all equipment to ensure safety, quality and established production levels.
- Design new equipment and tools.
- Project management for existing machine upgrades and new equipment.
- Coordination with other departments and organizations as needed.
- Research ways to improve equipment performance and safety.
- Generate new or revise existing drawings.
- Specify critical mechanical spare parts.
- Coordinate with purchasing, vendors, contractors to ensure all necessary components are acquired.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and hydraulic problems, working closely with Maintenance.
- Identify mechanical engineering design improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- General understanding of PCs and related software experience, including AutoCAD and SolidWorks. CAD Key experience is a plus.
- Must be able to read and analyze mechanical drawings.
- Knowledge of PLC's, hydraulics, pneumatics, and piping.
- Project planning skills, activating, and follow up skills.
- Sound communication, organizational, and analytical skills with the ability to plan work.
- Leadership skills.
- Previous experience with rolling mills, metal working, or heavy industrial settings is desirable.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering. Minimum of 5 years of relevant mechanical engineering experience is preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 401(k) Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Paid holidays
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and background screening.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cedar Rapids, IA 52404: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- Do you have any pending arrest(s) or have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, please describe the nature of the charges/conviction.
A criminal conviction will not automatically exclude an applicant from consideration for employment.
- What is your expected salary?
Work Location: One location