BE PART OF THE SHAPE FAMILY
We are thinkers, believers and doers.At Shape, we don't see the norm as our limit; we look at it as our opportunity to push limits and tradition.A chance to bring something new to our customers, team members and communities.When seemingly impossible challenges arise, we look to the core of the problem, and create solutions others believe can't be done.
JOIN OUR GROWING ALUMINUM CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
As a full service, tier-one automotive and industrial component supplier in the Greater Dayton/Cincinnati area focusing on lightweighting of body structures our business is expanding. This year we are building a new facility to support our increasing portfolio of tight-tolerance aluminum extrusion business. With extensive growth planned in the near future, the opportunities are limitless!
Position Summary: The Material Science Engineer / Metallurgist will manage and support the internal and external material approval process for aluminum alloys for structural extruded products utilized within the automotive market. The position extends into the development and maintaining of further alloys, specifications, processes, procedures relative to product development and the associated analysis and evaluations to support production. The role will also require interactions with groups ranging from end user/OEMs to raw material suppliers.
Essential Job Functions include, but not limited to, the following:
- Manage internal material qualification process for aluminum alloys.
- Manage external customer qualification process for aluminum extrusions.
- Maintain internal material standards
- Manage internal material specifications and engineering data.
- Work includes a combination additive manufacturing, mechanical properties analysis, performance and durability evaluations, and microstructural analysis.
- The employee develops processes and procedures to carry out work, uses laboratory equipment and computational tools to obtain technical data, interprets results, and reports results of the work conducted.
- Create and provide sound reporting on testing activities to the Advance Product Development, Business Units, and engineering organization.
- Operate equipment in the materials lab.
- Support new program launches through material qualification.
- Travel may also be required for support of qualification activities and customer/supplier visits.
- Additional functions not specifically outlined in this position description as directed by the leader.