Design, quote, implement and support distributed control systems for lumber drying processes through communication with both internal company assets and end users to fully understand the unique requirements of each installation.
- Design control systems using current automation technologies. (PLCs, PACs, industrial control networks, ethernet networks).
- Design motor control panels typically consisting of an array of VFDs to control multi-fan air movement systems.
- Design heat/humidity control systems, primarily (but not limited to) steam control valves controlling large steam to air heat exchanging coils.
- Quote control system design, build, and implementation.
- Coordinate control system installations within the confines of a larger mechanical installation project interfacing with both internal tradesmen and technicians as well as external contractors to complete jobs in a timely manner.
- Provide support and troubleshooting for customers with in house designed control systems as well as control systems from other vendors.
- Recommend and implement upgrades to existing customer control systems.
- Interface with control system component suppliers to ensure timely delivery of required components for control system fabrication.
- Provide both onsite and remote support for panel builders and control system installers as required.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering or AS with applicable equivalent work experience.
- 5 years work experience in industrial controls and system integration with a strong focus on software design and programming.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, have excellent attention to detail and be willing and able to learn new technologies quickly
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of PLCs/PACS. Codesys based hardware preferred.
- Proficiency with Ladder Logic as well has a structured text based programming language.
- Understanding of industrial control networking technologies (Ethernet, Modbus TCP and RTU, Eaton Smartware a plus).
- Understanding of Ethernet technologies (addressing schemes, routing, wireless, remote access).
- Understanding of analog control circuits (4-20ma, RTDs, etc.).
- Understanding of analog and process control methods (limit control, PI, PID).
- Proficiency with control loop diagnostic equipment.
- Experience with web technologies (browsers, HTML, XML, cloud based technology and security)
- Understanding of plant floor data acquisition and storage methodologies (OPCUA a plus)
- Above average computer skills (Google products development and scripting experience a plus)
- Understanding of 3 phase power, panel design and load calculations.
- Ability to troubleshoot 3 phase motors and motor circuits.
- Ability to troubleshoot control valves and control loops, both electrical and pneumatic.
- Proficiency managing and mentoring tradesmen and technicians.
Related keywords: electrician, industrial electrician, electrical, electrician apprentice, apprenticeship, industrial maintenance, construction, apprentice
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: On the road