Senior Mechanical Engineer
KORE Solutions, a division of KORE Power, Inc., provides custom power and battery energy storage solutions for all applications. Our products meet any energy demand and are designed to operate under any condition using clean energy sources. We have systems on every continent and in every environment.
Our primary goal is to be a sustainable business in Vermont that is helping to reduce the carbon footprint and therefore contributing to a better world for future generations to inherit. But equally important is our goal of creating a collaborative and progressive work environment - one where employees are dedicated to making the company successful and can do so without sacrificing relationships or personal well-being.
At KORE Solutions, we offer our employees competitive wages and outstanding benefits in a casual but professional work environment. We are a growing company with a dedicated team supporting one another based on open communication and teamwork.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is part of the design and fulfillment team that delivers KORE engineered solutions.
Work is primarily based out of our Waterbury, Vermont office. However, during system construction and integration, you may be required to travel to the customer's site.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Plan, conceptualize and create mechanical designs for new products.
- Design to local and regional electrical and building standards.
- Ability and willingness to learn to read electrical schematics.
- Drafting of prints and creating a bill of materials for large assemblies.
- Maintain as-built drawings to support future iterations of repeatable designs from one project to the next.
- Perform engineering calculations to support design work, including structural, thermal, and electrical loads.
- Create and review technical drawings, plans, and specifications.
- Analyzing problems or deficiencies and developing solutions to resolve them.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, and work with customers, vendors, and contractors.
- Perform detailed documentation to track project development and design process.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation to track project development and design process.
- Work within the given project timeline and scope while minimizing design costs to ensure projects stay within budget.
- Ability to perform the Lead Engineer role on specific projects, including team leadership and design review of others' work products, is desired.
- Experience with HVAC sizing and CFD is desired.
- Expertise in FEA, modal analysis, and fatigue analysis is desired.
- Specific expertise with mobile transportation applications is desired.
The position will report directly to the Manager of Mechanical Engineering and will also report to the Director of Engineering.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of ten years of experience working in engineering.
- Experience designing mechanical systems and products.
- Excellent math skills: ability to apply advanced mathematical principles and statistics to solve problems.
- Experience using CAD software such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or similar.
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
- Must be self-motivated and a great team worker.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
- The ability to communicate orally with customers, vendors, management, and other co-workers. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges, with or without corrective lenses or an assisted hearing device, is essential for normal conversations, to receive information, and to prepare or inspect documents.
- Some lifting is expected; occasional exertion of up to 50 lbs. of force may be required.
- Good manual dexterity is required for the use of computers, mobile devices, and other technologies.
- The job is primarily performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer and phone are expected.
- Secondary job requirements include travel with fieldwork which can consist of hiking, construction work, moving heavy objects, and wearing PPE for specific tasks.
KORE Solutions is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Waterbury, VT 05676: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location