Flight Management System Architecture Engineer
We are pioneers being the first to break the sound barrier and design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of Vertical Lift Platforms. At Bell, we are proud to be an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
Flight Management System Architecture Engineer:
The Future Long Range Assault Aircraft (FLRAA) is the Premier Vertical Lift military program in the world. Bell's FLRAA aircraft will become the Army's primary assault aircraft for the next 30 years, sunsetting UH-60 Blackhawk helicopters and advancing the Army's assault capabilities. The FLRAA program is utilizing the latest in cutting edge technology to expand the United States Army’s tactical advantage in future conflicts. The Bell FLRAA team seeks the top engineering talents from around the industry to design, develop, and deliver the world’s next-generation military aircraft.
An FMS Engineer is responsible for supporting the architecting, developing, integrating, testing, and certifying components related to the Flight Management System for the FLRAA program.
- Support the architecting, building, and certifying the FLRAA Flight Management System & Components.
- Execute plans for system development and verification for FMS components
- Develop architecture models and allocate requirements to subsystems & software components.
- Generate, Validate and Verify system requirements.
- Develop and execute test cases and procedures to verify the system under test.
- Troubleshoot issues, problem reports, and change requests in a timely manner.
- Escalate issues to team leadership in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science is required. Mechanical or Other Engineering degrees may be considered with applicable experience.
- 2+ years experience in developing, certifying, and/or managing Flight Management Systems, Flight Directors, Autonomous Vehicles, or related products.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Proficient interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Familiarity with Civil Navigation (e.g. DO-236, DO-229, and/or DO-283) is preferred
- Familiarity with DO-297, DO-178 and/or DO-331 is preferred
- Familiarity with A653 partition-based operating system is preferred.
- Familiarity within an Avionics Design Assurance Level B Environment is preferred.
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) is preferred.
- Experience with engineering processes including requirements definition, requirements allocation, requirements validation, requirements verification, integration, embedded software, electronic systems, FAA/EASA/NAA certification, and system safety.
- Able to communicate directly with leadership inside and outside the company.
- Version Control tool experience
Textron Relocation Assistance policy is in effect / applies for this position for candidates who qualify
Our most cherished core value is to Lift Each Other up, creating a diverse and inclusive environment. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds, and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight. #CJ
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Recruiting Company Bell Textron Inc.
Primary Location US-Texas-Fort Worth
Job Field Engineering
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Job Posting 11/04/2022, 6:27:26 PM