We are looking for a Field Service / Start Up Engineer with excellent mechanical aptitude to work in Manassas, VA for multinational company with more than 50 years of success in the electronics and semiconductor sector.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Performing on-site service and repair of semiconductor processing equipment.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems.
- Maintaining records and reports as required.
- Coordinating activities with peers, supervisor(s) and customers to minimize equipment downtime and interruptions.
- Orders and installs parts.
- Responding to emergency service calls as required.
- Instructing customer operating technicians on system operation and maintenance.
- Performing upgrades and modifications to equipment as needed.
- Remaining current on equipment/tools through appropriate training, manuals, factory periodicals, and other relevant materials
- The upkeep, maintenance and security of company property including vehicles, tools, etc.
What are the requirements for this position?
- Associates degree in electronics, engineering, or other applicable field of study; Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology preferred
- Previous experience in maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of semiconductor capital equipment
- Mechanical aptitude is required as well as an ability to use appropriate tools
- Excellent customer interface skills is required
Candidate must be able to be badge at Micron and Wet Etch experience is a plus. Schedule will be M-F Day shift, but candidate needs to be flexible on schedule based on need.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $27.00 - $32.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Manassas, VA 20110: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location