Howmet Fastening Systems (HFS) is seeking a Quality Engineer in our Carson location. HFS is a business unit of Howmet Aerospace, headquartered in Torrance, California. We hold the number one global position in aerospace fastening systems, and we’re the North American leader in commercial transportation fasteners. Our high-tech, multi-material fastening systems are found nose to tail on aircraft and aerospace engines. Our products are also critical components of industrial gas turbines, automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction and industrial equipment.
About Howmet Aerospace
Howmet Aerospace Inc. (NYSE: HWM), headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s sales for 2021 approximated $5 billion. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems, titanium structural parts and forged wheels. With nearly 1,150 granted and pending patents, the Company’s differentiated technologies promote more fuel efficiency for aircraft and commercial transportation. For more information, visit www.howmet.com, including content shared during the Company’s May 2022 Technology Day.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Implement inspection/test plans, monitor quality performance trends, perform statistical analysis, and support continuous improvement initiatives specific to assigned customers/product.
- Perform Customer Purchase Order/Contact Reviews to identify quality requirements for impact into the manufacturing system.
- Oversee processes to ensure that all documentation, Certification/Inspection Reports, marking and packaging are identified and acceptable.
- Review and maintain compliance to all assigned customer quality documents and specifications.
- Interface and/or work closely with Quality Assurance team members, Design and Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Shipping on procedural issues involving design, methods, tooling, cost and other areas involved in the control of product quality.
- Participate in the development and implementation of quality related policies and procedures based on corporate and government/customer requirements, as well as in conjunction with AS9100 requirements.
- Participate in Material Review Board activities, failure analysis and corrective action investigations, and assist in the timely dispositioning and processing of nonconforming material.
- Make recommendations to Quality and Factory management on the implementation of process improvements on assigned program(s) or product area(s).
- Act as liaison for the company in coordinating and resolving customer and supplier complaints and concerns relative to quality performance, investigations, system audits and corrective actions.
- Prepare periodic and special reports on quality performance and other related quality issues on assigned programs or products.
- Review manufacturing planning (work order), methods and process specifications as it relates to assuring product quality.
- Respond to customer Corrective Action Request in a timely manner, by investigating and determining root cause and corrective/preventive measures to eliminate deficiencies. Coordinate team efforts to resolve issues and monitor trends.
- Perform internal audits/surveys, where applicable, to assure compliance to specific quality/customer requirements. Audit and validate Statistical Process Control data and procedures for assigned programs or products.
- Initiate Corrective Action Requests and monitor follow-up for effective closure and elimination of identified deficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical, Metallurgical Preferred)
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Bachelor’s degree Mechanical or Metallurgical engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Experience in aerospace manufacturing
The position includes competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), excellent 401k matching program, paid holidays and vacation. The salary range for this position is $84,000 to $125,000.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Carson, CA 90745: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Selenium: 1 year (Preferred)
- Test automation: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person