We are seeking motivated contract R&D Electrical Engineers to support electronics modules product lifecycle activities through design, build, operational/environmental testing and qualification, including in full scale prototypes.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Own technical execution of module design, integration, and qualification efforts towards delivery of the
First Production Unit
- Plan and perform build, testbed and integration activities
- Prepare and execute module, subsystem and system qualification and verification activities
- Partner with suppliers on the development of components
- Collaborate with other subsystem module teams to work integration issues, define interfaces, and meet project due dates
- Potential minimal travel as required to support program efforts
Due to the nature of the work, the selected applicant must be able to work onsite
We are required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes
checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia as sub-contractors are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience, plus, eight (8) or more years of directly related experience; Or Master's degree as stated above, plus
four (4) years of experience.
- Experience in
- Electrical system or component development efforts
- Electrical design (one or more of PCB design, digital circuits, analog circuits, high-voltage design, power system design, environmental system design)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Experience with:
- Hardware product development lifecycle
- Assembly, integration, and test of large systems
- Production of electronic components
- FPGA / firmware
- Project management experience including responsibilities for schedule, budget and risk management
- Mature problem-solving and teamwork skills and an ability to take broad direction and execute technical and programmatic aspects of the program without detailed guidance or supervision
- A strong dedication to positive teaming dynamic, strong written and verbal skills, detail oriented with a keen focus on customer service
- An active DOE Q Clearance or DOD equivalent