About NPSG Global’s Automation Team
Are you interested in helping one of the world’s best companies scale logistics at the speed of innovation? Are you seeking to professionally develop with a fast-growing, dynamic company with a forward-thinking culture that is transforming the world of automation? Are you energized by the prospect of growing your controls engineering skills with a company at the leading edge of the material handling engineering solutions industry? Do you consistently strive for excellence? If you answered yes to these questions, then NPSG Global is the place for you. NPSG Global delivers critical e-fulfillment warehouse implementation and automation services from design consultation to technical integration, buildout, retrofits by providing facility operators with maximum site efficiencies through innovative technology solutions and products.
NPSG is seeking a Senior Controls Engineer to support the NPSG Material Handling Equipment (MHE) Engineering team. This individual will provide support to define processes, equipment, procedures, and electrical/controls specifications in design and delivery of our solutions to our customers. This individual will be responsible for designing, managing, and executing controls solutions for our diverse customer base. Travel approximately 40%. Remote role, preferably in the Atlanta and Metropolitan Atlanta area.
- Designs and develops the industrial controls design for complex material handling systems considering human/equipment interactions.
- Acts as the liaison between MHE vendors and NPSG’s internal engineering design team during the electrical and controls design of complex material handling systems to ensure compliance with customer controls specifications, NEC, NFPA 70, and other applicable codes.
- Manages simultaneously multiple high-visibility projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with customers, internal and external business partners, contractors, and vendors.
- Conducts postmortem analyses on industrial controls designs following implementation.
- Reviews new, advanced technology being introduced into the MHE systems with a focus on the electrical and controls interfacing requirements.
- Evaluates pricing of project proposals, change orders, and other quotes related to the electrical and controls scope of work.
- Utilizes AutoCAD and AutoCAD electrical to review electrical schematics and layouts.
- Reviews and updates of customer specifications to maintain the optimal technology in controls for NPSG solutions.
- Understands material handling control systems, including relay logic, PLC and industrial networks such as Ethernet, motor control systems, and electrical distribution systems.
- Creates and develops technical solutions that encompass advanced technology applications, conveyor hardware selection, material handling integration, and commissioning content and expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or other related Engineering.
- Master’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Controls Systems Engineering, Engineering technology or a related STEM field (preferred).
- 7 years' experience in Electrical/Control systems in a relay/PLC based controls design, development, implementation in a fast-paced industrial, logistics, production manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years’ experience directly managing and responsible for multiple large projects.
- Experience with electrical theory, Robotics, Controls components, automated equipment.
- Experience with CAD software (AutoCAD, etc.) to work with control layout design and schematics.
- Demonstrated experience with Functional Safety standards (IEC 62061, IEC 13849, or IEC 61508).
- Experience with conveyor, sortation, scanning/vision, shuttle systems, AMRs and robotics.
- Operations Management/Distribution Center experience.
- Proven technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects or programs.
- Ability to communicate to vendors and make decisions using industry standard knowledge (controls theory, mechanical/electrical systems, and passive infrastructure).
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with business partners and key stakeholders and the ability to work under pressure in a cross functional organization.
- High level of written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated success in hands-on process development and improvement.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Experience with UL 508A.
- Experience with RSLogix500 or similar PLC programing.
- Experience with networked VFDs using EtherNet or DeviceNet.
- Developing Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) using Wonderware, RSView, or similar.
- Strong knowledge of control devices (sensors, encoders, motion, etc.) and staying informed of new technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite products including but not limited to: Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook, Teams.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Able to stand, walk, and bend for short periods of time in an office environment.
- Ability to sit at a desk and perform computer-based work for extended periods of time.
- Ability to communicate via phone and in-person.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- The noise level for this job is usually low. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- When working in a production environment, this position will require the use of personal protective equipment, including reinforced, steel toed shoes, safety vest, hard hat, hearing protection.
- While working in a production environment, the employee will be regularly required to use arms, hands and fingers to handle, feel and reach with frequent requirements to sit, climb, balance, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch for a significant portion of the day.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This job description should not be interpreted as the exclusive responsibilities of the position. Employees will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as may be required by his/her manager.
NPSG Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- What is your salary expectation?
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location