Currently, we have an opportunity for Distribution Engineer for electric utility design engineering. Work would include electric utility distribution design work package development including, but not limited to overhead, URD, and underground cable/conduit design work packages. Preferred experience would include assessment and development of design bid packages for pole replacements in varying environmental environments in compliance with client's engineering and construction specifications, field engineering of project requirements, coordination of conflicting utilities, work permit development, and distribution system protection and coordination requirements.
Background must haves
- Bachelor’s Science Engineering degree (EE preferred) is required and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters degree: relevant experience is either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company, performing design engineering (EIT/FE credentials is preferred)
- Training in required skills will be provided
- Candidate must provide their own reliable transportation o (Local customer/job related travel is anticipated and will be reimbursed at IRS approved rates)
Nice to haves
- Experience with Voltage Conversion projects, Conductor replacements and OH to UG conversions, back lot to front lot conversion projects
- Engineering experience with structural analysis, guying calcs, cable pulling calcs, coordination of protective devices, calculations of electric demand and fault currents
- Providing estimated costs, development of a BOM, calculating the CIAC
- Experience with design tools such as Pole Foreman, Osmose O Calc
- Experience using CAD programs to perform Electrical Distribution design
- Strong communication skills, written and interpersonal communications skills and supporting of customer advocacy
- Collaborative and inclusive of individuals of diverse backgrounds and geographic locations
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Professional dress and demeanor
10%-30% working with client
60%-80% Engineering and development of design pkgs for customer
10% admin/planning/customer follow-up
Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.